Australian removalists and movers for all types of removals
Removal checklist and tips
One Month before Moving
- Gather moving supplies, boxes, tape, rope/string. (Old newspapers are always handy for wrapping breakable goods before boxing)
- If moving far away, make any necessary travel arrangements like airline, hotel, and car rental reservations.
- Select a removal company.
- Finalize real estate and apartment rental needs.
- Place legal, medical, and insurance records in a safe and accessible place.
- Give the post office your new mailing address. You can also ask the post office to forward your mail to your address.
- Give your mailers your new address.
- Remember to notify all your friends and family of your new address.
- Banks, insurance companies, and other financial institutions must also be notified.
- Inform debit card and credit card companies.
- Inform your doctor, dentist, and other service providers.
- State and Federal Tax authorities and any other government agencies as needed.
- Save moving receipts (many moving expenses are tax deductible).
- Make maps of your new neighborhood to familiarize yourself and your family with your new area.
- Plan your moving budget.
Two weeks prior to move
- Inform your energy and phone provider about your change of address. Join these services at your new place.
- Hire help for your moving date
- Validate travel reservation.
- Close or transfer your bank account and funds if required
- Collect the following items:
- Boxes of all sizes
- Bubble wrap
- Tape measure
- Old blankets
- Cello tape, duck tape and scissors
- Keep your money and credit cards in a safe, reachable place.
- Mark each box with your new final address.
- Keep an inventory of the content of each box
- Clearly indicate fragile items.
- Pack a bag of personal items you'll need during the move and keep it at reach.
- Pack a medical kit.
- If you have children, prepare some activities to keep them occupied during the transport.